The following is a brief summary of some of the many projects undertaken successfully by AITEC for its clients in the Environment and Natural Resource Management sector:
Water Innovation Network (WIN)
AITEC supported a consortium of industry (United Water), education (TAFE) and research organisations for the water industry to design and implement a national demonstration project. This project acquired $100,000 to fast-track the uptake of technology and innovation by industry through the technology training communities and also to influence research directions by enhanced liaison with the vocational education community. AITEC managed the project and provided an independent vehicle through which the various complementary communities could collaborate. United Water and AITEC were awarded the Water Industry Alliance Collaboration Prize for this project.
International Centre of Excellence in Water Resource Management
AITEC was contracted to undertake development work to help establish and develop the International Centre of Excellence in Water Resource Management. These tasks included:
- Development of a database of the current programs, courses and short courses in the field of water resources and the education and training capabilities (including e-learning capability) of each of the members of WaterEd.
- Development of guidelines for the international ambassador, fellowship, scholarship and exchange programs for WaterEd (including liaison with member institutions).
- Development of a marketing plan for WaterEd including co-ordination of a market analysis by consultants.
- Development of a communications strategy for WaterEd (both internal and external).
- Provision of support for the development of the coursework component of Masters degrees, Professional Doctorates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates in Water Resources Management.
AITEC was a foundation shareholder in this centre along with 5 universities nationally and a national groundwater centre until its closure.
Further information about specific projects may be obtained upon request.